Focus on asking for direction from God, the Gracious Revealer
Heavenly Father, You are the the Gracious Revealer of truth.
“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.”
Therefore: I will diligently seek the truth about Your will for me.
“Make me understand your ways, O Lord! Teach me your paths! Guide me into your truth and teach me. For you are the God who delivers me; on you I rely all day long.”
“Direct my steps by your word!…”
What do You want me to do, Lord?
“But if anyone is deficient in wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without reprimand, and it will be given to him. ”
What Does God’s Word Say
• About my hopes and dreams?
• About my opportunities and pursuits?
• About my troubles and adversity?
• About my doubts and fears?
Preparing Myself to Hear God
• By surrendering my will to Him.
• By humbling myself before Him.
• By renewing my mind with His truth.
• By having a mindset of faith, trust, and expectancy toward God.
• By being patient and willing to wait on God.
God Reveals His Will for Me
• Through His Word, the Bible.
• Through the Holy Spirit Who indwells me.
• Through other people.
• Through providential circumstances.
Recognizing Directional Signposts
What recent insights, impressions, counsel, or signs made an impact on me that may be from God trying to guide my steps?
Making Sure the Direction is from God
Does it comply with the directions given in God’s written Word?